, , , , , , , , , ,

Upon finally getting back to our housing we all (for the most part) breathed a sigh of relief. It had been a long weekend and a little rough this morning getting back. We woke up at 3:30am to get ready and to CDG for our 7:40 flight. Since the Metro didn’t open until 5:30am we decided to take and Uber which worked out really well, was there within 4 minutes! Our driver had a nice Mercedes which was immaculate, he was very polite and courteous which I figured would be the case, he was rated 4.8/5 on the app! We’d been told not to take Uber in London but for France I’d found some good reviews about Uber versus cabs so that’s why we chose that transportation method.

We got to the airport about 4:40 with time to spare, we made our way through slowly in no rush and grabbed a bite to eat. I got some sort of pasta salad, a croissant (I had to, it was our last French Croissant!), and an orange juice for good measure. The airport was pretty nice, the chairs and light fixtures were pretty cute. There were colorful lawn-looking-chairs, they were pretty comfortable albeit a little chilly since they were all metal! The light fixtures at one point reminded me of gum drops. There were also some clouds which I was particularly enamored with, I’m a sucker for interesting/ atypical furniture it seems.


At 4:30 in the morning I was still bleary-eyed from lack of sleep, this snapchat is the perfect representation although not intentionally blurry!

Everything was going smoothly, or so we thought; until we got the update that we were delayed along with an announcement from Easy Jet. This was to be a critical announcement since we had a time crunch to get to class. As it were, there just so happened to be air traffic controllers striking in France over which apparently 65% of Easy Jet’s flights flew, sadly..Our plane was at the gate long before we needed to leave however once we got on board we had to wait to be cleared to leave. This set us back probably 20 minutes but we did manage to get airborne; just not as quickly as we needed. Once we got into the air we had about a 40 minute flight followed by a little wait after landing for some reason or another. Probably something to do with the back up is what I was thinking.

Anyway, once we landed we bee-lined it for customs which as usual took forever. Even being in the non-eu passport line that was less than a quarter the size of the EU/UK passports we took nearly twice as long. You see, we had one customs officer to their three for a long while until they got more staff out. By this point we may have had a chance to potentially get our friend to class but as the minutes ticked by it got slimmer and slimmer sadly. In the end, we didn’t make it. The Thameslink like itself was rather long and we couldn’t buy tickets beforehand either so everything that could have gone wrong for our friend pretty much did unfortunately!

Other than the timing this past weekend was amazing. I loved all of the art and the food, don’t even get me started again, the good was fantastic! Well, until tomorrow!